Saturday, October 17, 2009
I used the leftovers of the stripped paper to make some accents and then tried to copy the stripped pattern on the thickers (American Crafts "Giggle" white), but I faced this problem: I used my old markers, Tombow dual and at first the colors where perfect but when the ink dried the colors changed! Specifically the orange became pink and the green blue!!! I colored them again, the same thing happened! Finally I used distress ink in yellow and somehow the result was ok. Next time though I'll use my copics!
Now, the flowers were cut with my brand new sizzix die. I assembled the flower in the upper left corner in the traditional way, I just put them one on top of the other. For the two flowers in the right lower side of the page I stamped on plain paper and then inked them with distress inks in yellow and orange. Then I folded them in the middle, and added the little green paper piece.
They are really cute and because the paper is thin they are more flower-like than the other I did with patterned paper.
With this layout I completed my niece's first year "Baby Layouts":