Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Baby Layout: July 2008


July 2008, first vacation for my niece, sea, sun and lots of fun!
I wanted a two page layout and at first I tried to use two different background papers, but then I thought to use this paper on both pages (from the K & Co "Sea glass" collection.
I positioned the photos and then I wanted something to accent the smaller ones, so I made some frames with mt nesties. Then they seemed too flat, so I added the yellow lines (Sakura Glaze) and then I covered them with Ranger's "Glossy Accents". It takes a while to dry but the results are shiny and it adds volume if you spread it in a thick layer.
For the rest of the photos I just used white Sakura Souffle and draw the faux stitches.
I used my American Crafts "Giggles" white thickers (I have a stash of them, bought them on ebay really cheap) and colored them with my copics, perfect results!
At this point the pages were almost complete, but I wanted to add something like a base, so I cut by hand white cardstock and used yellow distress ink (I'm a distress addict, it's a fact!).
For the finishing touches I stamped and colored the boat and the lighthouse (Inkadinkado) and then covered them with the Glossy Accents. Finally I used the Fiskars "Threading Water" border punch and added the blue string.

At this point I thought to leave it as it was, I liked it this way because it is not too loaded, I just added the date with the "Baby Face" cuttlebug alphabet.

They look like a summer breeze in my album!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails