Monday, October 5, 2009

Baby Layout: February 2008


For this layout I kept it simple because I wanted to put the rose fairy image which is large enough.
The rose fairy image is a sample from a Dover colorbook, and it works this way: I gave my email to Dover and each week they send me a link with samples from their various colorbooks. I pick the ones I like and download them for my personal use.
So, I printed this rose fairy in BW (the actual size was A4 but I wanted it smaller) and then I colored it with my Copics. I experienced minor smearing, but only when I kept coloring repeatedly over the black lines. The result was soft and delicate, the only part that I don't like is the face and the body because I used exactly the same colors that I used for the roses and the dress.

Once the image was colored, I adhered it on blue cardstock and put the photos on the page, the paper is K & Company.
I added the letters and then I had the idea to stamp over them. Don't try this at home :-) because I also stamped the paper!. If you want to stamp on your thickers, line them up on a scrap paper, stamp them and then position them on your page.

I added the flower (I made it myself and will share the details in another post), the arrow (HOTP journaling template) and the little heart on top (wrong year, I have to correct it somehow!) and that's it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails