Sunday, October 11, 2009

Baby Layout: April 2008

For this layout I wanted to combine spring and Easter, so I chose two simple K & Company papers (the green backround paper and the plaid pink) and another K & Company paper with flowers from the McKenna collection to make the letters and the button.

I used the scallop blade in my Fiskars trimmer to make the scallop around the page and also used the "negative" to make the green border around the central photo.

I made the basket with the eggs:
First I cut the shape of the basket, I used pink distress ink for the edges and then used the Fiskars "threading water" border punch for the top. I added the green string and the button (just a clear button, I glued patterned paper underneath). For the eggs I used the Fiskars "easter egg" squeeze punch, then adhered it on patterned paper, then on chipboard and then I covered it all up with UTEE, I currently love UTEE!

Next step, I wanted to add something on the right and left of the central photo (for which I made a mat with the plaid paper and used small Prima flowers in the four corners, now, these flowers were altered this way: I used my markers on the back of the flowers to achieve a sublte variance in color), so I used my Gina K flower stamp and colored it with Copic markers. Then I used a Sakura pen to make the green doodling and stamped on it the leaves with various shades of green. I used Copic markers to accent the leaves around the flowers.

Then I stamped the little butterflies (Inkadinkado) and also added the punched out ones (Fiskars mini punch).

Last step was to add the month and year on top:
I glued a patterned paper on some plain chipboard (it actually was a box of Kellog's) and then used my Cuttlebug alphabet "You're not the boss of me".

Layout ready, fresh from the garden!

2 comments:

  1. Μια ακόμα πολύ όμορφη σελίδα!!!Μου αρέσει που χρησιμοποιείς πάντα πολλές τεχνικές και προσέχεις και την πιο μικρή λεπτομέρεια.Μπράβο!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Μου αρέσουν οι συνθέσεις σου, scrapgal, επειδή έχουν ισορροπία (που είναι το δικό μου ζητούμενο πάνω από όλα στις δημιουργίες!)!! Βλέπω είσαι τεχνικά προχωρημένη... ανυπομονώ να δω κι άλλες συνθέσεις!!

    ΥΓ. I too Houston have a problem with my budget! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails