Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Project: Wedding Mirror

Here's another mirror I made, this one is a present for my friend's wedding (lousy photo though...):
 And here's some close ups:

Just some pink paper strips, a doilly and a dash of Stickles,and voila! A bride's bouquet! (Ok, sort of...LOL)

See, there are more ways to admire a good book!LOL!

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Wedding Card

I wanted to make a wedding card for a friend of mine, so here it is!
On the cover I cut a round window and then stamped on it with the Hero Arts "Old Letter" stamp using pink distress ink. Then I adhered on top the images of the girl and the flowers that I had already stamped and colored, they're from a Crafty Secrets stamps set. Last step, I added the gold frame around the window.
I also used a small piece of a doily, some tulle and Stickles in order to make the flower.
On the inside I made a pocket and I decorated it using a doily colored with distress inks. On top of it I adhered a stamped and colored image, from anothe Crafty Secrets stamps set.
Last step, I stamped a tag, on the back of it I just adhered the banknote using a Glue Dot.
Needless to say, my friend went crazy when she saw it!

Friday, July 16, 2010

Project: Cherry Blossom Bracelet

The other day I wanted to make a bracelet with grungeboard but I didn't have anything to use as a clasp. But THIS was exactly what I wanted, so I ordered Tom Holtz's fasteners and here it is!
I started with a piece of plain grungeboard 1 and a quarter inch wide. Then I covered it with white acrylic paint and while it was still wet I smudged with my fingers a drop of distress ink in Broken China and then sprinkled some water and Perfect Pearl mix on it.
When it dried, I stamped on it using a cherry branch stamp from an asian themed Inkadinkado stamp set and colored it with my copics. Then I added a drop of glue on the centre of the flowers and covered them with Martha Stewart's microbeads, while for the larger flowers, I used pearls.
When they dried, I covered the lot with some Claudine Helmuth's Glossy medium, so as to secure everything in place.
Last step, I added the fastener, then I didn't like the hole that much so I also stamped and colored a large flower from the same stamps set and glued it on top of the hole. This way I can also wear my bracelet with the flower on top or underneath, depending on my fancy!
And here is one more photo, to give you a better idea:
It takes a while to make one, but it's sooo cute!

Monday, July 12, 2010

Project: "Serious" Notepad

A colleague of mine asked me if I could make her a notepad like mine, so I decided to make a more "mature" version. And here it is!
The fact is that I had already made the brown leather like cardstock piece, so I wanted to incorprate it in my project. It is very easy to make it, I just used various distress inks in green and brown shades, dried it with a heatgun, then embossed it using a Cuttlebug embossing folder and then lightly brushed with my Versamarc ink pad, sprinkled some UTEE and used my heatgun to set it. Here 's the result:
Then I embellished with a colored Tilda and some handmade flowers for the corners, for the yellow stems I just cut a piece of adhesive tape, made it like a cord and dipped it in some yellow glitter. Then I adhered an acetate piece on the lot for more endurance.
I kept the inside very simple, I just made a pocket using some cardstock where I adhered a piece of a doily, I also added a few tiny flowers that I covered with stickles.
My colleague liked it so much that she gave it to her daughter, she told me it was too pretty to keep for herself! LOL!


Related Posts with Thumbnails