Friday, July 16, 2010

Project: Cherry Blossom Bracelet

The other day I wanted to make a bracelet with grungeboard but I didn't have anything to use as a clasp. But THIS was exactly what I wanted, so I ordered Tom Holtz's fasteners and here it is!
I started with a piece of plain grungeboard 1 and a quarter inch wide. Then I covered it with white acrylic paint and while it was still wet I smudged with my fingers a drop of distress ink in Broken China and then sprinkled some water and Perfect Pearl mix on it.
When it dried, I stamped on it using a cherry branch stamp from an asian themed Inkadinkado stamp set and colored it with my copics. Then I added a drop of glue on the centre of the flowers and covered them with Martha Stewart's microbeads, while for the larger flowers, I used pearls.
When they dried, I covered the lot with some Claudine Helmuth's Glossy medium, so as to secure everything in place.
Last step, I added the fastener, then I didn't like the hole that much so I also stamped and colored a large flower from the same stamps set and glued it on top of the hole. This way I can also wear my bracelet with the flower on top or underneath, depending on my fancy!
And here is one more photo, to give you a better idea:
It takes a while to make one, but it's sooo cute!

2 comments:

  1. WOW amazing bracelet i love the Asian theme and your process is so intense....

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails