Saturday, September 5, 2009

Layouts: Flower Bouquet



I started scrapbooking because I wanted to make a special album for my - then - newborn niece, something that would capture her growth month by month. I update it every month, and at some point I will give it to her, it is something that she and her family will cherish for years.
Recently I realized that when the moment will come that I will present it to her, I will miss it, so, I decided to make a second one for myself.
And this is the first page!

The cute fairy is Inkadinkado, the bigger butterflies as well, I painted it with my markers (Tombow Dual), the hair has a greenish hue (I don' t know what happened!)
I really like the flower bouquet style, I came up with it when I was making a card for a friend. Nestabillities of course for the scalloped flower-frames. I cut the stems by hand, the leaves were cut with a cuttlebug die and used some distress ink to make the lines. For the journaling, I used a round HOTP journaling template with Pebbles chalk, I like it because the lines are soft and blend well with the paper. Once I tried pencil and after I wrote I erased them but the result was a dissaster, so I'm using chalk instead.

As for the bow, I really can't tie a beautiful one, so I made something that looks like one!

I had tons of fun making this layout, it really is exta cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails