Tuesday, September 1, 2009

In the Lab: Stamping on metal

I wanted to do something crafty on my company's mobile phone because it is black and silver (and I seriously dislike black and silver, not my colors!) but at the same time I wanted to keep it low profile and discreet. So I removed the battery cover, stamped on it with a inkadinkado rose stamp and used a colorbox white-light gray color. Then I heat embossed it very carefully and slowly, avoiding overheating it (I was afraid that it would ruin the cover, bent it or something) using holographic embossing powder. The result was more monochromatic than what I wanted, so I used Sakura metallic Glaze pens to add some color, or to be more precise some hint of color, and it came out really beautiful and subtle, even though you can't see in my lousy picture.

I did it almost a month ago, so far it is ok, even though I treat it rather roughly, it hasn’t chipped or anything, but even if it does, I will do it again!

And everybody is asking me: how did you do it???

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails