Sunday, January 31, 2010

Card Making: 3d Card Frame

I did it! I cut my first shape with my Craft Robo Lite! Whoooohoooo!
Well, to be honest with you, I had it standing on my desk for a month but was intimidated to use it...LOL!
I've been using the program without the actual cutting, just making shapes and trying to understand what it will cut...I definitely have to read the manual, step by step, but I'm too lazy for it, so I kept fooling around and I did the card template, hoping it would be ok.
So, today I thought to give it a try and I was overwhelmed when I saw that it did what I hoped it would do!
I have to make one adjustment to the file because I used the same size for the front and for the back while (I found it out after the cut) the back must be a little shorter so that the front is more recline backwards. As soon as I correct it I will post the GSD file that I made.
I also used a Basic Grey pp from the "Nook and Pantry" collection and the sweet Tilda. This time I colored her with Prisma pencils, I have to say that I prefer my copics but I'll try next time to combine them, like coloring with copics and adding accents with pencils, I've read about it somewhere but I can't remember where.
For the little bushes I just cut scallop circles on green cardstock and then used distress inks in green for the edges.
Last step I added the happy birthday, I cut a tiny cake from the pp, covered with Sakura Stardust pens and adhered it with a foam dot.
I like so much this pink oh so girly birthday card, my friend will love it!
If you like this kind of cards, here's another one I made a few months ago.

4 comments:

  1. Υπέροχη είναι!!! Μου αρέσει πολύ που τοποθέτησες την Τίλντα, ανάμεσα στα πράσινα scalloped!!! Το αποτέλεσμα με τα Prisma pencils είναι υπέροχο!!! Μπράβο!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is super sweet-cute! It is very professional looking, love it. Are you going to get the new Tim Holtz machine by Sizzix? It look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ladies, thanks for your comments! As for the Tim Holtz die cutting machine, althought it seems irresistible, I have to pass, I already have a Cuttlebug, I bought a Craft Robo Lite for Christmas and got a Slice as a gift, so I think that's quite enough for me (at least for a while)! But I definitely think it is a very cool little gizmo!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails