Sunday, January 3, 2010

JYC 2009: Day 33

Prompt 33 was about moments of innocence during the holidays and the challenge was to use only white color. I used a photo where my niece is sleeping, I didn't do any journaling because I think that the image speaks for itself! Then I used a Cuttlebug embossing folder for the cardstock, cut the frame for the photo using nestabillities dies and white DCWV cardstock with glitter, stamped the butterflies (they are from the Hero Arts 2010 collection, it's a clear stamps set called "Antique Engravings") with Versamark on white glossy photo paper and heat embossed with white embossing powder.
Tip: if you want to heat emboss on glossy photo paper, be careful with the temperature: you have to use the heat gun on low temperature and for a few seconds each time or else your photo paper will melt. So I heated it for 5-6 seconds, let it cool for 5-6 seconds, heat again for 5-6 seconds, let it cool, and so on until the picture is overally embossed.
Final step, I added the title, I made it using the Cuttlebug Harmony alphabet and...ready!


2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails