Saturday, December 5, 2009

JYC 2009: Day 5

Today's prompt is about advent calendars or in general, the ways to count the days until Christmas. I don't count them in any specific way and I don't do advent calendars, so I thought to replicate a child's advent calendar, the one that is filled with chocolate.
Then I wanted to use a tree image, it is a freebie from Dover Publications, so I printed the tree and scanned a photo when I was a child and positioned it in front of the tree. Then I needed a carpet, so I adhered some "Flower Soft" on a piece of chipboard. Then I needed some presents (LOL!) and I made them using a Cuttlebug embossing little folder.
The advent calendar was tricky to make but the result is sweet and nostalgic, it worthed the trouble.


5 comments:

  1. what a great page! Love the way you've made it your own! Bernie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!Great job!!I simply love it!!Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a fantastic page a lot of work went into this page!! well done its beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh i like it too!!! Excellent job!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails