- Huge variety of choice
- Prices are varying from good to really good to unbeatable!
- Hard to find stuff, like retired or new releases
What it takes to achieve a purchase that will make me smile is just searching for a while:
- I use the ebay search engine (advanced mode) and there I define what I'm looking for. My standard criteria are: new, available to Greece, buy now (I don't have the patience to monitor an auction) and then the description of the object I'm looking for, i.e. fiskars trimmer
- Then, I sort the results, usually by the price (lowest to highest) and go through them.
- I always calculate the total cost (price + shipping) to determine what I should consider buying and what not
- If I'm looking for something small and light, i.e. clear stamps, thickers, embelishments, punches (not huge ones), I prefer USA because the prices are really good (with shipping costs included). I also pay antention not to exceed 30-40 euros of total cost (I'm scared of greek customs!). If I 'm looking for something heavier or more expensive, I always prefer europe ebay (uk, ireland, france, italy, whatever)
- Once I decide what I want to buy, I check the rest of the stuff that the seller has for sale, because they combine shipping costs, and if I find something else that I currently want and is within my budget limit, I choose to buy the object I was searching for and the extra object that caught my attention.
- I go through the checkout process but I request the total from the seller, so as to receive a total invoice with the shipping costs recalculated.
- Once the seller sends me the total invoice, I pay via Paypal
- ALWAYS USE PAYPAL, if there is a "safe" way to send money via the net, that is Paypal.
- The delivery varies from a week to a month (rarely and only when buying from usa)
- Once I receive, I leave feedback for the total experience.
So far, everything I ordered was received as described, no bad surprises, with one exception: a dcwv matstack was corrupted on one corner (not something that could happen from bad handling from the post services). I sent an email to the seller with a picture of it (before leaving feedback), the seller was kind to send me another matstack free, I left positive feedback, everybody happy!
What I'm not buying from ebay?
- Heavy cardstock packs because the shipping costs are very high. I usually purchase them form online retailers in europe (I like american crafts and I usually buy them from http://www.sarahscardsltd.com/).
- When I need something asap, I always choose http://www.scrapbooking.gr/.
- When I want a specific object from a well known brand and can't find it, I always send a quote to http://www.scrapbooking.gr/ and ask about it.
So, I have to leave you now, I 've got some nestabillities hunting to do!