Saturday, March 7, 2009

Albums: Postbound or D-ring?

I have both kinds and I must admit that postbound albums are my favorites, even though when I started scrapbooking my first choice was D-ring.
The reasons are:
  • postbound albums "grow" with time, as you put more pages in them, and the process of increasing their depth is very easy.
  • they are not bulky (from day one) like D-rings.
  • D-ring albums seem a lot like office binders (prettier of course), while the postbounds absolutelly not.
  • the pages are really firm and steady in a postbound and the presentation is much better.

These are my reasons for choosing postbound albums.

Finally, a small description about increasing the depth of a postbound album:

  1. Unscrew and remove the screws.
  2. Remove the back cover.
  3. Take the metalic expansions (in American Crafts albums they are hidden in the inside of the spine) and screw them on top of the existing ones.
  4. Replace the back cover and screw the screws.

That's all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails