All these lovely christmas projects, cards, etc that I see in your blogs made me realize I was wayyyy behind my christmas preparations, so I started with something very easy, fun and quick: a little flourish wooden tree by Kaisercraft. Sorry for the lousy photos but I couldn't take a decent one no matter what!
I made it for my office at work and I wanted a really lively and sparkly result, (can't you tell that I'm a traditional all red-green christmas girl?)LOL
The execution was quite simple:
- colored the trunk with copic markers
- colored the tree with distress inks except the flowers, birds etc. that I colored with copic markers
- sprayed the lot with the water-Perfect Pearls mix
- adhered Martha Stewart's microbeads on the flame and the flowers
- and finally covered the birds lightly and randomly with white glitter
Last touch, I used tiny pearls for the eyes of the larger birds and...ready!