Effie received my album for the Scrapbookers in Greece mini albums swap, so here it is!
I used six 6x6 cardboard pieces and I covered them with patterned papers from the K & Company Bailey collection.
For the cover, I used Pumice stone distress ink on the edges and the corners, I also stamped with it using the Old Letter Hero Arts stamp. Then I added the frame, I cut it using a Sizzix die, I also colored it with distress inks and some gold Perfect Pearls and also adhered a clear acetate piece on the back.Then I adhered it on the cover using thick foam squares, so that it would be easy to insert the photo mat I also made.
I also altered the little embellishment: I covered it first with green ink, then heat embossed it with a clear but glittery embossing powder and finally covered it with Ranger's Glossy Accents.
Next I made the flowers , I cut plain white thin paper with a Sizzix Build a Flower die, inked them, stamped them and then heat embossed them with UTEE. While the UTEE was still warm, I curled them and adhered the layers one on top of the other. Then I secured them together using a large brad after covering it with Martha Stewart's microbeads.
Final step, I cut the letters using Cuttlebug's Harmony alphabet and after adhering them in place. I colored them with a Red Sakura Stardust pen and finally covered them with Glossy Accents for some 3d look.
For the binding I wanted to use O'wires but after finishing the album it was too chunky even for the largest O'wire (deja vue), so I used ribbon instead.
For the first two pages I made two mini mini albums that can accomodate 10 small photos in total
Next two pages, I colored the flower image on the lower left corner and on the right side I used lace for the first time. I purchased it white so I can color it any color I want using a Copic marker!
I really like Vicky's envelope templates, so I made one for this page. I also made a paper flower using UTEE, I'm starting to really love the diversity of this medium. I also used microbeads on the "love" word, not so succesfully!
I had so much fun coloring the vase with the flowers and while making the photo mat on the right page!.For this, I adhered the pp on a piece of tulle and then I crumbled the tulle around it, heating it with my heat gun and sometimes with a lighter. Then I added the flowers and leaves around it, the result is quite interesting!
The corner was also a fruifull experiment, I adhered layers of lace on the back of an (almost) triangular pp frame I made and then adhered a piece of acetate on the back so that the tags will be easily inserted in the corner.
You can also watch a video I uploaded on Youtube.
So this is it, I really hope you like it!